Daniel Behrens, P.E., is a Forensic Engineer with Haag Engineering Co., part of Haag Global, Inc. Based in Minneapolis, Mr. Behrens has worked Haag since 2009, and has a total of 24 years in design and forensic engineering experience. His forensic expertise includes structural evaluations of highway, pedestrian, rail bridges, and culverts; elevated parking structures; basement and retaining walls; roofing systems; and moisture intrusion. Mr. Behrens helped developed and teaches Wood and Composition Roof Damage Assessment (4 hours); Wood, Metal, and Composition Roof Damage Assessment (6 hours); Haag Certified Inspector- Residential Roofing, Commercial Roofing, and Wind Damage (20 hours each). He is a licensed P.E. in Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
He earned a Bachelor of Civil Engineering from the University of Minnesota. He is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), National Society of Professional Engineers, Minnesota Society of Professional Engineers, American Institute of Steel Construction, and the American Wood Council.
– Commercial, residential, and industrial structures
– Elevated parking structures
– Highway, pedestrian, rail bridges, and culverts
– Reconstruction monitoring and analysis
– Failure, damage and collapse analysis
– Foundation, basement, and retaining wall failures
– Cause, nature, and extent of damage, particularly wind and hail
– General roof evaluations
Moisture Source Evaluations
Bachelor of Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota, 1998