Haag Welcomes Alex DeGroot, P.E., New Engineer in Charlotte!
“We are pleased to welcome Alex DeGroot to our Haag team,” said Justin Kestner, CEO. “Mr. DeGroot brings practical structural engineering expertise and will help serve Haag’s clients in North and South Carolina and beyond.”
Based out of Charlotte, Alex is a licensed professional engineer with seven year’s experience. He previously worked as a structural engineer designing wood, steel, masonry, CFS, FRP and reinforced concrete structures. He evaluated existing conditions, identified causes of problems, and provided engineered solutions. He then coordinated with clients, steel fabricators/erectors, and general contractors to identify potential issues and implement cost effective solutions, including developing solutions for atypical field issues with multiple constraints and limitations.
Mr. DeGroot earned a Master of Structural Engineering from Southern Illinois University and a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering from Bradley University. He is a licensed P.E. in North Carolina.
Notable projects include–
- Goddard School, Chicago- coordinated with the architect from design to construction administration for the $5 million three-story private school
- Illinois State Toll Highway Authority Contract I-18-4427, Chicago- designed performance-based, ground-mounted and structure-mounted precast concrete noise abatement walls for the $58 million contract
- SoFi Stadium, Los Angeles– analyzed six construction hoists for the $5 billion stadium using atypical tie-off methods and custom connections.
Primary Areas of Consulting
- Structural Evaluations
- Commercial, industrial, and residential buildings
- Foundation and wall failures
- Building code compliance
- Construction hoists
- Noise abatement walls
- Building Envelope Evaluations
- Moisture intrusion
- General Civil Engineering
- Drainage and flooding
- Wind Engineering and Related Storm Effects
- Structural damage
- Roofing systems
- Quality of manufacture and application of roofing
- Cause, nature, and extent of damage, particularly from hail and wind; and remaining service life
For more information or to contact Mr. DeGroot, email or call 800.527.0168.