In the summer of 1924, Walter G. Haag, with 25 years of civil engineering experience and an entrepreneurial spirit, founded his own failure and damage consulting company in Dallas, Texas. In the beginning, Haag valued properties after losses. As his reputation grew, clients also requested he evaluate the cause of loss. Mr. C. Wayne Parish, a WWII Air Force engineer who served in the Pacific theatre, joined Mr. Haag in 1946. Mr. Parish took over leadership of Haag Engineering following Mr. Haag’s retirement. Mr. Parish expanded the company into a nationwide presence.
Today, Haag is a multi-faceted forensic engineering and consulting company.
- Haag Engineering performs forensic engineering throughout the world in the fields of civil, structural, architectural, electrical, and mechanical engineering.
- Haag Research/Testing operates a state-of-the-art laboratory which specializes in material testing services, including desaturation, hail impact testing, pressure chamber and wind machine testing.
- Haag Education presents our expert engineers’ scientifically-based approach to damage assessment in our publications and tools, and live and online seminars.
- Haag Construction Consulting assists our clients with onsite damage assessments, litigation support, clerk of the works, and restoration consulting following a loss.
- Haag 3-D Solutions provides 3D imaging and BIM technologies to deliver highly accurate, reliable as-built documentation for all types of design and construction projects.
Haag serves the legal industry, the insurance industry, corporations, manufacturers, private companies, and individuals. Our growth results directly from our long-standing commitment to quality while expanding our technical knowledge and services. Haag has built a reputation for excellence through the efforts of past and present personnel, and we are proud to continue that tradition today.
*For more information on Haag, check out our winning employee-made video on Haag's services: